Athletic DIRECTOR'S WELCOME
Dear Immaculata community,
When this school was founded, Msgr. Eugene B. Kelly, our founder, spelled out the
purpose of the school: to educate the WHOLE PERSON—soul, mind, spirit, and body.
Now decades later, our renowned sports program does just that. Through hard work,
leadership, dedication, competition, and school spirit, our students participating in these
programs acquire valuable life skills that are needed on their journey into adulthood.
Immaculata does, in fact, have a legacy of great teams, players, coaches, and parent
volunteers for all sports. Today our young players join a long line of remarkable
individuals who have worn the Spartan blue-and-white proudly. It is a great privilege to
be an Immaculata Spartan and follow the traditions so graciously established over the
I welcome you to our athletic programs; know that we strive to embrace Msgr. Kellyʼs
challenge of long ago...to meet our studentsʼ academic, spiritual, emotional, and
physical needs and help them discover the rewards of teamwork, the lessons of winning
and losing, and the everlasting joys of creating great memories with lifelong friends.
Director of Athletics
The Immaculata Athletic Department is committed to support the mission of the school in developing the total person of every student-athlete. The coaches and staff will work to develop the athletic program within the values and standards of our Christian faith. Participation in athletics will provide a variety of experiences to aid in the development of favorable attitudes and habits in preparation for a worthwhile adult life.
The Immaculata administration and staff believes that a dynamic program of student activities is significant to the educational development of the student. The Immaculata Athletic Program provides a variety of experiences to aid in the development of favorable habits and attitudes in students that prepare them for adult life in a democratic society.
Athletics play an important part in the life of Immaculata student athletes. Young people learn a great deal from their participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition and how to win and lose gracefully are integral parts of team goals in our athletic department.
Athletics also play an important part in helping the individual student develop a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body. Athletic competition adds to school spirit and helps students, spectators, and participants develop pride in their school.
The Immaculata athletic department further encourages the development and promotion of sportsmanship, ethics and integrity in all phases of the educational process in all segments of the community, including administrators, participants, adult supervisors, parents, fans and spirit groups.
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT GOALS
The goals of the Immaculata Athletic Department:
- Recognize and promote lessons learned regarding good sportsmanship, ethics, teamwork and the value of competing—win or lose.
- Nurture academic excellence in the classroom.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for practice and competitions.
- Develop favorable habits and positive attitudes in students that will prepare them for adult life.
- Recognize and announce the accomplishments of athletic teams and individuals.
- Encourage coaches to be leaders, role models and people of character.
- Promote cooperation through the athletic department, while supporting all athletic and extracurricular programs.
- Ensure that everyone involved with the athletic department adheres to the rules and policies of Immaculata, the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association, the Skyland Conference and the Immaculata Athletic Department.
SPARTAN RADIO NETWORK
All Spartan Radio Network broadcasts can be heard live on MYRADIOSTREAM.COM/IHSNJ; Now available for your computer, smartphone, tablet and most other internet enabled devices.